Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Coffee with my best friend, Sarah

Last night I hung out at Seattle's Best Coffee from 9 - 11 waiting for Sarah to finish her Taoism session. She sent me a text message at 9 saying, "Ken I meat you at tarbuko 1015 por stadi? Low butt." She arrived at 11, instead of 10, wearing a green shirt and a 5-strand, blue-beaded necklace, which combined to make her look like a hippie. She had a large red body bag with Greenpeace pins on them (Clean energy. Now.) Not that she isn't yet a hippie. I've never met someone so alternative than her, and I love her for that.

"Sara/h!" we exclaimed at each other when she arrived. I told her that she was positively glowing with pride and satisfaction. "I'm happy," she said, and I expected no less. My best friend recently left a prominent art museum to pursue a career with an NGO that deals with environmental awareness and education. She's also taking up an M.A. in UP. "I've been so busy I haven't read anything!" she said. We weren't able to study last night. We almost can't breathe trying to tell each other stories. *Sigh* It's been a long time. Here are a few excerpts from the most enlightening and fun time that was only last night:

After three guys pass by our table, Sarah asked me, "Do you know that guy?" in a tone that suggested that if I dare say yes, I'm gonna get killed. "No," I replied. "That guy is from a stupid show! It's like one hour.. Of nothing!"

***
The mark of small people is their big pride.
***
People are now more interested in discovering other realities because we've milked out fiction.

***

And, due to World Cup fever...
S1: What if they announce it in the drug store like they do it in the coffee shops? Say, "One ice pack for the groin-sprained?"
S2: Nasty :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

groin sprain!!!!! hahahaha :) miss you dear :) see you soon!

3:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home