Wednesday, June 28, 2006

What I miss most about Ateneo

What's not to miss about ateneo? Checklist for Ateneans. Stolen from another blog.
(X) eat at Manang's
(X) learn the alma mater
(XX) get on the dean's list until I started having my core subjects, and orgs became so much more worth the while
( ) sleep on a bench
(xx) be a TNT! yeah, I miss all the TnT's! Our freshies are now TnT's themselves! I'm so proud!

(x) jog around the campus in the evening
(
X) visit the art gallery (live in the art gallery is more like it. I wonder why that hell of a Richie Lerma removed the Arts Club?!?!)
( ) know at least one xerox lady, manong, or technician by name
(X) get a Jesuit for a teacher (I still want to steal Ferriols.)
( ) itch from higad bites
(X) have gotten an F in something (Hi18:Western History, a 730 am class taught by Glenn Garfield Ang, the guy with the pink glasses. What's up with that?! Then I took Hi16 and fell in love with Asia. My professor was a fresh MA grad from UP. I absolutely admired him and his love for history that I gave him my one and only copy of Ondaatje's The English Patient as a token of my crush. I don't remember his name now, though.)
( ) have taken a crap in school (You know I probably did, but I can't remember so I'm not sure)
(X) watch a La Salle vs. Ateneo UAAP game (To hell with scalpers!)
(X) give a powerpoint presentation (Yes, many times! It's like a way of life for John Gokongwei School of Management (JGSOM) students. F*ck. LM is still half-baked!)
( ) study in the caf upstairs (I eat in the caf upstairs. That or do performance art for TA or Heights)
(X) watch a T.A play (Yeah, baby! M from TA myself. Yeah, I earned the bragging rights.)
(X) sit on the SEC ledge and watch the stars (and eventually get drunk)
(X) eat in Full House, Martha's Kitchen, and Ken Afford

(X) sleep in the lib (The lib is made for sleeping. It's funny how I can study anywhere and everywhere but the lib. And how I can't sleep anywhere and everywhere but the lib and my room. Do they put drugs in the a/c?)
(X) visit Mr. San Andres (Coz he wanted to hire me even before I graduated. Hmmm.. what if? What if I accepted the offer? What if?)
(X) go to the chapel (and the corresponding prayer room behind the altar. The entrance is via a separate door.)
( ) have gotten a pebble stuck in your shoe/slippers in the middle of the quad (Say what?!)
(X) cut class with your block to watch a movie (We all do that. It's sheer magis.)
(X) sign up for those institutional (i.e. difficult but brilliant) teachers: Ferriols, Dacanay, David, among others
(X) go to CERSA night (CERSA nights rock!)
(X) have tried siomai rice (and rice with rice lang when I've no money-Doranne; same here!)
(X) learn how to smoke (heights! heights! heights!)
(X) fall in love
(X) actually read the book you keep borrowing from the lib (it was a psychology book. it was the only one I read. The rest I photocopied. The photocopied ones, I read.)
( ) play cards during your free time
(X) dress in business attire (for defense lang. Unlike the poor ones nowadays who had to wear business attire everyday.)
(X) learn to stay awake for more than 24 hours straight
( ) have gotten side comments from ASSOC (Didn't give a damn. I still don't)

( ) take (and enjoy) Saturday classes (Nevah! But we always had one starting sophomore year)
( ) go to your immersion (Didn't. Sayang.)
(X) eat Food for Thought sandwiches
(X) get a boyfriend/girlfriend
(X) take time to read the vandalism in the CR doors
( ) watch "Minsan Lang Sila Bata" and "Macho Dancer" for class (I watched "Minsan Lang..." in the High School with Lualhati Bautista herself, but that was not for class. That was just for myself)
(XXXXXXX) do a last minute paper (That is the general rule. Boy, if I had a nickel for every time I get asked this question!)
(X) have spent a lot for 1x1 ID pictures (for index cards and teachers' seat plans)
(X) get exempted from final exams
(X) attend a college mass
( ) promise to quit smoking
( ) play hide-and-seek in the mini-forest (What the....?!?! Who does that?! -Doranne. Oo nga?!?!)
(X) know where the best restrooms are on campus (SEC, CTC and JGSOM, but those were the days.. Hey, and I enjoyed peeing in Faura, too!)
(X) join an org (heights, arts club, TA. I headed the first two. For the latter, I was just happy being on stage. That was more than the former two combined.)

(X) allow yourself to make mistakes
(X) take summer classes (required e!)

( ) admire the sacred heart statue in the evening (nope)
(X) make a video for a project
(X) have a crush on a teacher (and went out with a teacher whom I don't kras)
(X) attend a Jesuit retreat (a must for everyone. I had a hard time though coz it was a "silent" retreat)
( ) have gotten a parking ticket

(X) come to school in your crappiest yet most comfy clothes
(X) learn how to use the Bayantel pay phones
(X) participate in school activities (I got an award and a scholarship for these)
( ) catch the Blue Babble Battalion tryouts
(XX) date an Atenean
(X) ride a tricycle on campus (always from comm to Bel! Ditto!)
(X) find a tambayan outside the caf (and that is the pubroom)
( ) admire the marikina valley at night (I only got to do this on Valentine's night this year. Thanks, Mark! I love you :)

(X) go drinking along Katipunan
( ) learn how to beg for a higher grade
(X) use your cuts wisely
( ) volunteer to be class beadle
( ) had the worst lottery schedule for reg
(X) admire the trees on campus
( ) have forgotten about your freecut and gone to that class
(X) eat in the ISO canteen
(X) be active in your org
( ) have signed up on an ACP class just because the girl or guy u like signed up for it
( ) get as many app forms as you can during the job fair
(X) learn how to cram (and still get A's)
(X) sell tickets (or watch) an org-sponsored movie premiere (legally blonde)
( ) save money to Xerox all of your seatmate's notes
( ) have accidentally seen a make-out session
(X) check out the Meron Lagoon and Lambingan Bridge (ES)

( ) have dozed off in class in Bel right after a class in CTC/SOM/Comm. Bldg or vice-versa (I've dozed off in an exam. I passed. That's a miracle)
(X) learn how to work with groupmates from hell (and not include their names in the submitted project. "Oh, I'm sorry, did you contribute?!")

( ) perfect the art of parking on campus
( ) had a bad encounter with one of the guards on campus
(X) develop a love for sisig
(X) learn how to pronounce "AEGIS" properly

(X) have used typing rooms at the library (for meetings)
(X) have reserved a classroom, AVR, etc. for a class or org function
( ) have asked the library for an endorsement to research in other libraries
(X) have lost a perfectly functioning umbrella

(X) have used consultation hours properly
(X) Looked forward to lab breakage refund, in case you didn't break any equipment

(X) visit the Guidance Office
(X) and Infirmary (to feign sickness and get some sleep. It's the nearest available bed. Thanks 48-hour days!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home