Tuesday, September 19, 2006

What I learned from my thesis defense

0) It pays to have the blessing of a terror adviser.

1) It's like having one answer for the panelists' million and 1 questions:

Panelist A: Two times two?
Me: 4
Panelist 2: Hundred five minus hundred one?
Me: 4.
Panelist 3: Four plus zero?
Me: 4.
Ma'am Helen: Are you sure?
Me: 4.
Panelist A: What's your name?
Me: 4.
Panelist B: Okay, you're done.
Me: 4.

2) Waiting in line is hell. I was originally scheduled for the first slot at 3, but I found out on D day that they moved me to the third slot. I was scheduled to eat a chocolate bar by 5!

3) Luigi says: It's worse in your head. Tama. Coz in my head, I was forever on the verge of farting, barfing or burping while defending. I felt no such compulsion while I was reciting. I did remember JQ, though, in the face of Ma'am Helen's twins.

4) The peanuts are both distracting and comforting.

5) I am not alone in saying that the ruling in that Emerald Garment case (Stylistic Mr. Lee, folks. Does that ring a bell?!) is wrong. It really is wrong! It's wrong! It's wrong!

6) Advocacy doesn't stop here. Atty. ElicaƱo asked me, "Then what will you do? Give me something concrete, short of impeaching all these SC justices who have no intellectual property expertise whatsoever." Hah. We'll see :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Kimberly Moser said...

I totally agree with you with # 1. You might think that a terror advisor only makes your thesis writing harder, but it is actually the other way around. They are there to make things easier like having great thesis topic ideas for you when it is time to defend the paper because they pointed out all the mistake and error in the first place.

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home