Saturday, June 24, 2006

Mark's leaving for Germany!

I thought he'd been looking queasy since yesterday. I couldn't blame him. He's leaving for Germany at 7.15 Manila time tonight for a 15-day seminar on human rights. All expense paid. Who wouldn't get excited about a grant like that? I thought of him as the height of cool.

On the way to the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA), we held hands while his kuya babied him: "Do you have your passport?" "Did you wear the money bag I gave you? Always make sure that you have them with you." "No jokes about Hitler or else, beefy Germans will beat you up." "No jaywalking. They'll get you deported." "Did you check-in online? No? It would have saved you a couple of hours. You should have checked the site I gave you." "Does your ticket need to be confirmed? (Unsa man?) Does-your-ticket-need-to-be-confirmed? (Dunno yet.) Check once you land. Remember what Dad said, once you get there, make sure you know how to go home..." We dropped his kuya off near Greenbelt and proceeded to the airport.

After I left for Rockwell, he texted me that he got in a little too early. The Lufthansa counter was still closed. There were a couple of Germans there who looked like the bad men in one of 'em action films.

But as of now, (well, it's 7:13), they're already boarding. "This is it. Boarding.. Wish me luck... (sweet nothings deleted) This is real.. I'm really going to Europe.. Let's go!"

-------
God speed, baby! I'm so proud of you!

Meanwhile, back to thesis writing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home